Hold the sweat and tears- we just want your blood!
Delano Dental will host an inaugural blood drive on Feb. 13 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., and we need your help to make it a success. We hope to make this an annual event.
Members of our staff will donate blood that day, and our goal is to recruit at least 50 people to join us during our event.
We are partnering with the North Central American Red Cross, which will bring its blood mobile to our office. Those who wish to donate blood will check in with our front desk, then return to our office for treats and goody bags filled with dental care items after they’ve donated.
We’re sweetening the deal even more! We will give away a basket of sweet treats to one lucky donor, and all who give blood that day will be entered into a drawing to win $100 in-house credit that can be used on any future dental services.
We enjoy opportunities such as this to give back to the community. This particular opportunity is near and dear to us because we are aware of the constant need for blood donations.
Do you need a little nudge to commit to donating blood during our event? Consider these facts provided by Red Cross about blood needs:
- Every two seconds, a person in the United States needs blood.
- About 36,000 units of red blood cells are needed every day in the U.S.
- Nearly 7,000 units of platelets, and 10,000 units of plasma are needed daily in the U.S.
- Nearly 21 million blood components are transfused each year in America.
- The average red blood cell transfusion is about three pints.
- The blood type most often requested by hospitals is type O because it can be transfused to patients of any blood type. It is always in great demand.
- The blood used in an emergency is already on the shelves before the event occurs.
- It is estimated that sickle cell disease affects between 90,000 and 100,000 people in the nation, and about 1,000 babies annually are born with the disease. Sickle cell patients can require frequent blood transfusions throughout their lives.
- It was estimated that more than 1.68 million people would be diagnosed with cancer in 2016. Many cancer patients require blood throughout chemotherapy treatment- sometimes daily.
- A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 pints of blood.
Please call our office if you would like to learn more about our event: (763) 972-2800. We look forward to seeing you Feb. 13!
Delano Dental Blood Drive