We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Delano Dental is preparing to open in the coming weeks. We will be reaching out to our patients soon to schedule appointments; by phone, email and text message.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are designed so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep our patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), Minnesota Board of Dentistry (MNBOD), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we can ensure our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you before your appointment to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive at the office. We will also take your temperature when you arrive with a temporal scanner.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed. Please bring a mask with you to your appointment, if you do not have one, we will provide you with one upon arrival.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. This also means that we are only allowing the patient being treated, in the building for any given appointment. We appreciate your understanding in advance.
- Our team will look a little different for your visit. you can expect our clinical staff to be wearing masks and gloves (as usual), in addition to a face shield and at times a gown for certain procedures. Because of the additional PPE our care providers will be wearing, our practice may be kept cooler than usual.
- Our hours will vary for a period of time. At this time we will be offering the hours of (8-5) Monday – Thursday and (7-1) on Friday. The guidelines we have been given still limit us on the procedures that we can perform at this time. This may mean appointment changes, for some of the appointments that are scheduled currently. We hope to continue to increase hours in the office and the amount of providers available, as we are able to secure PPE’s to keep us all safe. Again, your patience is appreciated.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 763-972-2800 or visit our website at Delanodental.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
The Delano Dental Team