When it comes to certain dental procedures, it’s possible that you might hear some conflicting information about the pros and cons, depending upon your sources. This is especially true about porcelain veneers, a popular cosmetic procedure that is sometimes surrounded by certain pieces of misinformation. Delano MN dentists have taken to internet to clear up the confusion.
Porcelain Veneers Fact vs. Fiction
- They don’t have to look fake. Advanced technology and custom-shaded ceramics enable dentists and lab technicians to craft veneers that look deceptively realistic. Once they are in place, no one will know except you.
- The dentist won’t have to take your real teeth out. A small layer of enamel must be trimmed away to make room for the veneers, but most of your natural tooth will remain intact underneath. The thickness of a porcelain veneer can be compared to that of a contact lens.
- The veneer procedure does not cause pain or sensitivity. During the procedure, the dentist will utilize local anesthetics to keep you comfortable. Afterwards, any residual sensitivity will disappear within a few days.
- Your teeth won’t look artificially white. You can choose to have whiter veneers if you would like a whiter smile, but the shade of each veneer can be adjusted and customized for the most natural results.
- Veneers aren’t reserved for the ultra-wealthy. It’s true that veneers are typically viewed as a cosmetic dental solution, and insurance coverage for the procedure is unlikely. However, the dentist can help you to explore your financing options and may even offer affordable payment arrangements.
When the truth about porcelain veneers has been uncovered, it’s easy to see why the procedure remains popular with adults of all ages. To learn more about the process or to find out how many veneers are recommended for you, consult a Delano MN dentist today.